Associate School Library Media Specialist
NOTE: Effective September 1, 2027, the New Jersey Department of Education will no longer issue the ASLMS endorsement. Only students enrolled in the ASLMS program at NJCU by June 1, 2023 will be eligible for the endorsement and coursework must be completed by August 31, 2027. If you are interested in completing this program, you must apply and enroll at NJCU for Summer Session I, which begins May 16, 2023. Please follow the instructions below to apply for summer 2023:
- A completed graduate application form, including a $55 non-refundable application fee
- A 250-500 word essay discussing your goals and objectives for pursuing admission to the program to which you are applying
- Official transcripts from all previous U.S. colleges attended or official NACES course-by-course evaluation of any foreign transcripts*
- Professional Resume or CV
- Official documentation of English Language Proficiency (TOEFL/IELTS)
*Note: NJCU does not evaluate international transcripts. In lieu of a transcript, applicants with a non-U.S. degree need to submit a course-by-course evaluation from a NACES Accredited Member that includes U.S. bachelor’s degree equivalency information for their coursework.
The last semester to apply and enroll in this program is Summer 2023.
|Term||Application Deadline||Courses Begin|
|Summer I||May 1, 2023||May 16, 2023|
*Deadlines are subject to change.
This program is not currently available to international students seeking an F-1 student visa
We encourage you to contact graduate admissions with questions about our graduate programs, to get answers to your graduate application questions, or to schedule a visit to NJCU.
Hepburn Hall, Room 206