Early Childhood Education/Special Education (M.A.T.)
This Program is Not Currently Accepting Applications
Early Childhood Education and Special Education (M.A.T.) with eligibility to apply for certification in:
- P-3 Teacher of Students with Disabilities (TOSD) Endorsement
- A completed graduate application form, including a $55 non-refundable application fee
- A 250-500 word essay discussing your goals and objectives for pursuing admission to the degree program to which you are applying
- Official transcripts from all previous U.S. colleges attended or official NACES course-by-course evaluation of any foreign transcripts*
- Two (2) letters of recommendation
- Passing scores on Praxis Core Academic Skills for Educators (or waived, if applicable)
- A copy of any teaching certification (a list of your certifications can be downloaded on NJDOE website) if any
- Official documentation of English Language Proficiency (TOEFL/IELTS)
- Must have an undergraduate degree with a minimum of 60 liberal arts credits, as determined by NJDOE.
- Must have a minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0.
- Must have completed the undergraduate course pre-requisites or equivalents listed here.
*Note: NJCU does not evaluate international transcripts. In lieu of a transcript, applicants with a non-U.S. degree need to submit a course-by-course evaluation from a NACES Accredited Member that includes U.S. bachelor’s degree equivalency information for their coursework.
This program is not currently available to international students seeking an F-1 student visa
We encourage you to contact graduate admissions with questions about our graduate programs, to get answers to your graduate application questions, or to schedule a visit to NJCU.
Hepburn Hall, Room 206